23 April 2012

rising up

last night i had the great opportunity to to the Orem Institute's spring program about the Book of Mormon. guys, it was so good. i am amazed at the talents of people in this church! these college students wrote, prepared and performed an amazing and spiritual show! i was in awe the entire time. my testimony of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith, and the truthfulness of this Gospel was reaffirmed as testimony and truth were shared in word and song.

my favorite message was about Alma and Amaleki and their first mission. they converted a lot of people in the city, but the unbelievers were more powerful than those who believed. so the believers were killed- burned in a fire. it got me to thinking. these people were doing nothing wrong. in fact, they had recently become converted and changed their lives to be more in line with God's will. they were doing everything right. so why did they get cast into the fire? why didn't Alma save them (as he could have)? why did they have to suffer so much despite their good works and their testimonies? and then i thought about my own life. recently, trials i have passed through have made me ask they "why" questions a lot. i have been doing everything right. i have been striving to do as God wants me to do. i have been seeking to know God's will for me and to follow the Holy Ghost. but sometimes, bad things happen to good people. and God doesn't stay the storm. he doesn't slay the enemy. He allows His people to go through that difficult trial. i don't know or understand why the trials i am going through have come to me. but i do have faith that God has something wonderful in store for me. i love this song that the choir sang in addition to telling the story of the people of Ammonihah.

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog and guess what!
    THIS IS MY CHOIR!!!! I am so happy that our show influenced you so much.
    I was able to write the script to the show :) so this, particularly to me, means a lot. Love it! Thank you for sharing!
    xoxo,
    Sierra
    Oh, Just Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I met you! I was with Adam Mikklesen! What a small world! It really was amazing. Thank you for sharing your talents!

      Delete